|NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIIBITED
1. TIMING. The Choice Privileges¨∆ New Year’s Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 31, 2012 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on January 14, 2013 ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2. SPONSOR. Choice Hotels International Services Corp., 10750 Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20901 (the "Sponsor").
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. Officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals are not eligible to enter. This Sweepstakes is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these “Official Rules.” Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around January 18, 2013. The potential winners will be notified by email or mail. Unless prohibited by law, the potential Grand Prize winner (parent or legal guardian if winner is over 18 yet still a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted or fails to sign or return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable within seventy-two (72) hours from the time first notified, potential winner forfeits the prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
8. PRIZES. There will be fourteen (14) winners. The prize is eight-thousand (8,000) Choice Privileges points. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each prize: $25. Prizes will be awarded via a posting of 8,000 points to the winner’s Choice Privileges account, subject to all Choice Privileges terms and conditions. To redeem the prize, each winner must be or become a member of Choice Privileges. There is no cost associated with membership. Membership details may be reviewed at www.choiceprivileges.com. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for any other expenses related to the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to race travel. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any unused portion of the prize will not be reimbursed. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. ARV of all prizes: $350.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, and any party associated with the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Released Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs including but not limited to travel expenses, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes the consent of the entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, and contact information for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Released Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within five (5) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner's eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you consent to any such reasonable background check and agree to cooperate. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Released Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Released Entity, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and comply with all other provisions of these Official Rules.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received or posted, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of any web site associated with this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Released Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Sweepstakes based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) RELEASED ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, IN REGARD TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (vii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor's good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Maryland, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Maryland and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Maryland. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST. For a winner list, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Choice Privileges New Year’s Sweepstakes,” ATTN: Choice Privileges Dept. 10750 Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD, 20901. Winners List requests must be received by February 14, 2013. VT residents may exclude return postage.
This email may contain promotional content from Choice Hotels International.
¨© 2012 Choice Hotels International, Inc. All rights reserved. 12-1013/12/12